Approved by Comcare and designed for Health and Safety Representatives working under the Commonwealth Act. ie Commonwealth Government employees and employees of Comcare self insurers
* As a HSR, you are entitled to attend training with a provider of your choice, in consultation with your Employer.
This course provides Health and Safety Representatives with the knowledge and skills required to effectively perform their roles and functions as outlined in the Australian Commonwealth legislation: Work Health and Safety Act 2011.
- An understanding of the objectives of the Act and their role under the Act;
- Knowledge of their powers under the Legislation and how to effectively exercise them;
- Skills in representing the members of their designated work group including consulting and negotiating with their employer;
- Skills in identifying hazards and the process by which they should be controlled;
- Knowledge of where and how to obtain assistance in dealing with hazards and dangerous situations.
- An understanding of the role of occupational health and safety in the workplace in the prevention of accidents, injury and disease.
Transitional Training, Conflict Resolution, and the issuing of Provisional Improvement Notices are incorporated in this course.
This course is available on demand in regional areas.
Duration: 5 Days
Cost: Metropolitan $995.00 inc GST
4th Floor 445 Hay St
Perth, WA 6000
Google map and directions