Course Dates available in 2022
12th - 16th September 2022
21st - 25th November 2022
* All dates are subject to change or cancellation depending on health/government advice.
About this course:
Duration: 5 Days
Note participant must complete all 5 days of the initial commonwealth HSR training within 6 months of their initial commencement date to obtain a Certificate of Attendance.
Cost: Metropolitan $995.00 inc GST
This ACTU course is for recently elected Health & Safety Reps (HSR) covered by the Comcare WHS Act.
As a HSR, you are entitled to attend training with a provider of your choice, in consultation with your Employer.
This course provides Health and Safety Representatives with the knowledge and skills required to effectively perform their roles and functions as outlined in the Australian Commonwealth legislation: Work Health and Safety Act 2011.
- An understanding of the objectives of the Act and their role under the Act;
- Knowledge of their powers under the Legislation and how to effectively exercise them;
- Skills in representing the members of their designated work group including consulting and negotiating with their employer;
- Skills in identifying hazards and the process by which they should be controlled;
- Knowledge of where and how to obtain assistance in dealing with hazards and dangerous situations.
- An understanding of the role of occupational health and safety in the workplace in the prevention of accidents, injury and disease.
Transitional Training, Conflict Resolution, and the issuing of Provisional Improvement Notices are incorporated in this course.
We are a Nationally Recognised Registered Training Organisation (RTO No. 4327).
This course is available on demand in regional areas. Subject to numbers.