This five day course provides Safety and Health Representatives with the knowledge and skills required to effectively perform their roles and functions as outlined in the Western Australian Occupational Safety and Health Act 1984 and Occupational Safety and Health Regulations 1996.
- An understanding of the objectives of the Act and their role under the Act;
- Knowledge of their powers under the legislation, and how to effectively exercise them;
- Skills in representing the members of their designated work group including consulting and negotiating with their employer;
- Skills in identifying hazards and the process by which they should be controlled;
- Knowledge of where, and how, to obtain assistance in dealing with hazards and dangerous situations;
- An understanding of the role of occupational health and safety in the workplace in the prevention of accidents, injury and disease.
- Conflict Resolution and the issuing of Provisional Improvement Notices are incorporated in this course.
This course gives you the option of attaining six (6) units from BSB30712 Certificate III in Work Health and Safety.
After successfully completing the six (6) core units, participants can choose to undertake an assessment process for a Statement of Attainment for the units delivered in the introductory course. Evidence will be required and a workbook will be provided to participants. Evidence required in assessment is workplace based and is not covered during the course. Please contact us for the cost of this assessment.
This course is available on demand in regional areas as required.
Duration: 5 Days
Cost: Metropolitan $990.00 inc GST
4th Floor 445 Hay St
Perth, WA 6000
Google map and directions