This course provides organisers with the skills and knowledge to effectively communicate, organize and provide leadership in Occupational Safety and Health issues in WA workplaces.
It provides organisers with:
- An understanding of the main health and safety frameworks
- How to identify hazards, do a risk assessment and implement control measures
- An understanding of how unions have traditionally organized and built worker collective power around health and safety issues
- An understanding of how legislation can assist in establishing unionized health and safety structures and decision making processes
- How to communicate and consult effectively with workers and employers around health and safety issues
- The rights of the Organisers under S491 of the Industrial Relations Act 1979 for Right of Entry for Health and Safety
At the conclusion of the course, Organisers will be able to explain how to sue current Health and Safety to build union organizing power at a workplace.
445 Hay St
Perth, WA 6000
Google map and directions