Transitioning to the Work Health and Safety (WHS) Act 2020
Unity Training Services (UTS) has a new information session designed for Managers, Safety personnel and staff in your workplace.
The information session will provide participants with an introduction to the new WHS legislation and what the changes will mean to your workplace.
This information is vital for all Senior Managers, OHS Managers and safety personnel to get your workplace prepared for the new laws.
2022 information sessions currently not available.
To register - Please email your name, preferred information session date and email address to [email protected]. The sessions will fill quickly.
On completion attendees will have a better understanding of the WHS Act 2020:
- Duties of the Person Conducting a Business or Undertaking (PCBU).
- Duties of an Officer and their legal requirements (due diligence).
- Duties of a Worker.
- Duties of Other Persons
- New Duty of Care for providers of WHS services and products.
- Industrial manslaughter - what it means.
- New penalty categories for breaches of legislation.
- Duty to Consult
- Work Groups (WG’s), Health & Safety Representatives (HSR’s), Deputy Health and Safety Representatives and Health & Safety Committees (HSC’s), including;
- Election process (including Union involvement)
- Right to cease unsafe work; and
- Direction to cease unsafe work.
- Functions of the Regulator (WorkSafe)
- WHS Regulations 2021
This session can be undertaken at our premises in the CBD at Level 4, 445 Hay Street Perth WA 6000 or at your workplace. Please contact [email protected] for workplace training details.
Tea and Coffee is available.
Where: 445 Hay St Perth
Duration: 2.5 hours
Morning session: 10:00am to 12:30pm
Afternoon session: 1:00pm to 3:30pm