Work Health and Safety (WHS) Laws
WILL YOU BE READY FOR THE NEW WHS LEGISLATION?
Unity Training Services (UTS) has a new information session designed for Managers, Safety personnel and staff in your workplace.
This information session will provide participants with an introduction to the new WHS legislation and the changes that will occur in comparison to the outgoing WA OSH Act 1984.
This information is vital for all Senior Managers, OHS Managers and safety personnel to get your workplace prepared for the new laws.
Information Session 2021 dates
28th April 2021
31st May 2021
16th June 2021
What does your workplace need to do to be prepared?
On completion of this four hour session, participants will have an understanding of:
- History and development of WHS legislation in Australia.
- Duties of the Person Conducting a Business or Undertaking (PCBU).
- Duties of an Officer and their legal requirements (due diligence).
- Duties of a Worker.
- Duties of the regulator.
- New duty of care for providers of WHS services and products.
- Industrial manslaughter - what it means.
- New penalty categories for breaches of legislation.
- Work Groups (WG’s), Health & Safety Representatives (HSR’s) and Health & Safety Committees (HSC’s), including
- Right to cease work; and
- Direction to cease work.
This session can be undertaken at our premises in the CBD at Level 4, 445 Hay Street Perth WA 6000 or at your workplace.
Tea and Coffee is available.
Duration: 4 hours
Time: 8.30am to 12.30pm
Price: $195.00per person, including GST.