A WHS-EPH must have satisfactorily completed the prescribed training and the WHS Regulations state that entry permit holder training must be provided by a Comcare approved provider. During this 1 day course Union Organisers will obtain information about the WHS Act including the Duties of the PCBU, functions and powers of the WHS Rep(including the issuing of PINS), consultation requirements, issue resolution process and the role of the regulator. Most importantly the Organiser will learn about their ability to enter a workplace and what rules need to be adhered to whilst doing so.
Did you know that a WHS-EPH may enter a workplace during its usual working hours to:
• inquire into a suspected contravention of the WHS Act without prior notice
• inspect any work system, plant, substance, structure or other thing that is relevant to the suspected contravention
• talk with any worker who is entitled to be represented by the union
• consult with the relevant person conducting the business or undertaking
• warn anyone they reasonably believe is exposed to a serious health or safety risk
• ask to look at and make copies of any relevant records or documents kept at the workplace in hard copy or stored on a computer.